Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mixing it Up

Since my fruit intake is redundant at best, I decided to order IsaFruits to get a more complete nutritional fruit intake (and skip all the sugar of real fruit).  My friend Andrea told me that she didn't like taking Isafruits straight with water, so I decided to not even try that and skipped straight to making a shake recipe from it.  I put 2 scoops of chocolate Isalean shake and 1 scoop of Isafruits in my blender with some ice water and  it tasted like those trader joe's chocolate cherries.  I liked it, but it made me miss my regular shake (I've gotten very used to starting my day with a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla).  I'm wondering if there are other recipes out there for using the IsaFruits so I don't have to give up my traditional shake every day just to take it.

Note of Progress:  I'm finally so used to the Ionix Supreme flavor that I take it straight from the bottle now, no ice, and don't need to chase it anymore.  I don't love it, but it grows on you and my body seems to know that it makes me feel better.

Tonight, I'm planning to try my friend Hannah's recipe for a Nutter Butter shake, using vanilla isalean with PB2 if I can get to the store in time to pick some up (they only carry it at low carb stores, I found one in Tustin and there's one on Melrose Ave called Low Carb U Foods)

No comments:

Post a Comment