Thursday, August 12, 2010

Signals (Cleanse day 2)

It's 6am but I was awakened by a dream that I was cleaning up after a party, throwing all sorts of junk food away (and people were mad at me for not saving it), and then I found a small custard pie in the fridge and ate half of it, and even uncovered the address of where I was supposed to ship the pie tin back to, only to remember I was on a "cleanse" day and wasn't supposed to be eating.  The guilt woke me up. :)   (weird.  I NEVER dream, so when I remember one I'm always a little weirded out)


9:30am UPDATE: I fell back asleep, woke up, weighed myself (not gonna share, you're going to have to wait till tomorrow!) and renewed my commitment to this program.  I'm not terribly hungry, but I'm starting to feel dehydrated.  Today I'm going to try and up the water intake.

This morning, I decided to pour the 1 oz. of Ionix Supreme directly into the 4 oz. of Cleanse for Life (over ice) and even threw in some "Want More Energy" lemon-lime electrolytes.  The taste completely confused my mouth with so much going on, I ended up not tasting anything at all (which is good, because I'm starting to taste a LOT of mango in the Cleanse for Life drink, and mango is NOT my favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jPid1wv2KE#t=1m48s).  Chased with water, gotta start my day.  No plans to sit around, though.  My big test today will be going to the movies with my friend this evening, gotta make it through popcorn smells...

12:48pm UPDATE: Blogging about the cleanse day is a little boring.  I'm less tired than yesterday, today feels much more normal, but I've just been doing stuff at home all morning.  I guess it might be true that the second day is easier, we'll see this afternoon.

8:30pm ADDITION:  I have had no reason to talk about anything gross yet in this blog, but I will say that at the end of the second cleanse day, I "moved" a huge amount of stuff from my intestines that I have no idea where it came from since I've been regular this whole time and haven't eaten in 48 hours.

10:45pm UPDATE: I ran errands, drove, ate isa-chocolate, visited friends, took care of work stuff, and made it through my second cleanse day.  Got hungry around 8:30pm, but that's to be expected- it's been 48 hours since my last real meal.  I had an orange when I got home, followed by the Isacleanse.  I accidentally skipped one serving of Isacleanse while I was out, so maybe that's why I felt hunger.  Anyway, I'm not too worried about it, after doing more research I've become a much bigger fan of the traditional 30-day cleanse system where you don't have to do two days in a row of this liquid diet business.  It makes much more sense and I bet it's healthier that way anyway.  Can't wait to wake up and have a frozen shake.

Midnight UPDATE: Started experiencing low blood sugar symptoms, so I ate some cucumber, a banana, and organic chicken.  The fast was over for me around 9 anyway, since more than 48 hours of no food puts you at risk for muscle loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment